Call For Presenters: TNI Hosting PFAS Virtual Workshop
Wednesday, February 7, 2024, 10:00am – 4:00pm ET
Guidance published by the US EPA, the Department of Defense, and several states indicate many precautions should be taken when collecting samples and field blanks are an essential component of the analytical workflow. Now that thousands of field blanks have been analyzed, is there any data to support this costly endeavor? The NELAC Institute (TNI) is holding this virtual workshop to explore best practices for sampling drinking water and wastewater for PFAS and the analysis of the associated field blanks.
TNI is soliciting speakers to address topics such as:
- How prevalent are PFAS in field blanks?
- Is there any evidence that shows such precautions are not required?
- How do laboratories analyze their work flows to process field blanks in the most expeditious manner?
- Is there any evidence that all of the precautions such as clothing, makeup, sunscreen, and food are required to minimize false positive results?
Following the presentations, the presenters will come back together as a panel to continue discussions. The presentations and summary of the panel discussion will be provided to key regulators to give them input into modifying their guidance.
If you are interested in presenting, please RSVP by December 18, 2023 to Ilona Taunton making sure to include your time preference as well as your name and title.
- RSVP by Monday, December 18, 2023
- Abstracts due Friday, January 12, 2024
- Final presentations due Wednesday, January 31, 2024