Perry Johnson Laboratory Accreditation, Inc. (PJLA) now accredits Medical Marijuana Testing Laboratories. This includes a third-party assessment to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 for the relevant medical marijuana testing standard protocols to detect potency and contaminant levels in marijuana.
- FREE download – Steps To ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation
- Report on the Top 10 Common Nonconformities Detected on an Assessment
As many states have now legalized medical marijuana the market demand for testing laboratories will be crucial to the industry. Laboratories will need to be prepared to accommodate specific state mandates for testing protocols.
PJLA is prepared to accredit medical marijuana testing laboratories in order to accommodate regulatory and state specific requirements. We have already accredited the first medical marijuana testing laboratory in the United States.
Update: Cannabis legalization is spreading across the United States and Canada, there are many issues to take into consideration, such as federal standards for food safety in regards to cannabis products. The FDA has been able to send warning letters to food and drug manufacturers that have violated food safety procedures and controls in regards to preparation, packaging, or holding conditions of the cannabis products. However, since these products are still not legal under the federal law, regulations are not always applied. States are taking this issue into their own hands, by creating their own requirements that the cannabis industry must follow. Laboratory testing of edibles is crucial in order to preserve the health and safety of its consumers. PJLA encourages all labs to closely review their state requirements when they apply for accreditation, to ensure that they meet the needs of their customers as well as following their state’s guidelines.
Cannabis Industry Journal:
- EVIO Labs Massachusetts Accredited to ISO 17025
- Orange Photonics Introduces Terpenes+ Module in Portable Analyzer
- 5 Things You Can Do To Get the Most Value From Your Consultant
- Raising the Standard for Dispensary Education: Building a Better Budtender
- German Drugs Agency Issues New Cannabis Cultivation Bid